Writing Samples

Find attached some of the papers I wrote in my various classes.

 
 

The Perspectives of Beauty

In Alice Walker’s “Beauty: When the Other Dancer Is the Self”, Walker addresses the psychological approach to traditional and non-traditional beauty. This non-fiction essay was written in 1983 and was “published in the collection In Search of Our Mothers’ Gardens”

 

Global Inequality

Global inequality is a research paper that the disparity between rich and poor has been growing in a fast rate over the last generations. Only 4% of the world’s population is wealthy, the other 96% are the middle class and the population below the poverty line (The Guardian, 2015)

 

Female Genital Mutilation

This paper highlights the negative effects of female genital mutilation on Nigerian women. There are many negative effects, but this paper will address the negative effects on women’s physiological and psychological health. From damage in the women’s body to physiological problems, such as depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.

 

Apartheid and Forgiveness

My entire life I learned about apartheid and I had the opportunity to visit the Apartheid museum in Johannesburg, but I could not quite understand it completely, where they simulated the apartheid time and the blacks are treated very badly and whites are treated with respect and privilege. Been exposed to Social Psychology and being a world traveler made me comprehend more the meaning of apartheid and the damages that came along with it.